Malignant Hypertension (Arteriolar Nephrosclerosis)
Malignant Hypertension is a medical condition where the blood pressure of the patient suddenly reaches extremely high. In this case, the lower level of the blood pressure reading goes as high as 130mmHg and above. Though, only around 1% of people suffer from it. Young African American men are more prone to it. It is also seen in women with toxemia of pregnancy and those who have had kidney failure or renal hypertension.
Create this article
Malignant Hypertension is directly related to hypertension which is one of the most widely spread disease worldwide. It is a condition where the arterioles and ventricles get chocked due to the thick layer of cholesterol. This leads to reduced flow of blood to the heart and severely affects other organs in the long run as well.
Create this article
The symptoms of Malignant Hypertension are more or less same as that of hypertension. But, one major difference is the case of severity of the symptoms.
* The patient may feel numbness of arms, legs or face or other parts of the body.
* There is blurred vision and change in the mental status of the patient.
* The patient feels restless and anxious.
* There is a tendency of decreased alertness of the patient.
* The patient may also feel fatigue and confused.
* There may be severe chest pain mostly in the mid area.
* One may also feel great pressure or crushing sensation.
* There may be considerable decreased urinary output.
* One may also have headaches, cough, nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath and weakness of arms and legs etc.
Malignant Hypertension can damage multiple organs such as brain, eyes, heart, blood vessels and kidney. So, it is of utmost importance to take preliminary precautionary measures, so that you are saved from this dangerous situation in the first place. One must always do regular exercises, maintain body weight, and go for stress management therapy to keep hypertension at bay. You may cut down the presence of sugar and salt from the diet and increase the presence of fresh fruits and vegetables. One must also avoid alcohol and tobacco.
Our users add : Create this article
|Hospitalization and Medications||Modern Medicine|
* The patient may need immediate hospitalization with the appearance of first symptoms.
Get expert advise on pricing, expertise and availability To book a free counselling session
please fill in your details-